1. Monochrome Prints shall be defined as either black and white (B&W) prints or single-color toned prints. Addition of multiple colors by means of hand coloring, multiple toning, etc. shall classify the print as a Color Print.
2. All prints must be displayed during competition on a mount board. The mount board maximum size is 16X20 inches. Minimum size is 11X14 inches. The mount board may be displayed either horizontally or vertically during the competition. Prints can be any size or shape, mounted either horizontally or vertically. The mount board may be any color.
3. Prints may be processed by the maker or commercially.
4. The title and maker’s name must be in the upper left hand corner on the back of the mount.
5. Each paid member may submit up to two (2) prints in the Open Monochrome category and up to two (2) prints in the Open Color category. In the Assigned category up to two (2) prints may be submitted: both color, both monochrome, or one of each.
6. An entry can be resubmitted one more time if it has not received an award in previous Utica Camera Club competitions. Award means placing in an Honorable Mention through First Place. If the entry has not received an award after the first or second submission, it can be modified and resubmitted twice more, as well as for each subsequent modification.
7. The intent of modification is a physical change of the print. In the case of prints this must be a substantial change of the print to crop, increase/decrease contrast, significantly darken/lighten, tone, or change the color balance. Changing the title, changing the mount, spotting or retouching is not a modification.
8. Awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention(s), when applicable, will be given in each of the categories (Open Monochrome, Open Color, and Assigned) at the monthly competitions.
9. An award winning print cannot be entered again in monthly competitions. A monochrome print can be remade as a hand colored print and entered into the Color Print competition the following club year. A color print can be remade as a monochrome print and entered into the Monochrome Print competition the following club year. All remade prints are treated as new prints, subject to the print competition rules.
10. Final competition awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention(s) will be given in four categories (Open and Assigned Monochrome, Open and Assigned Color) at the annual banquet. A “Color Print of the Year” award, selected by the judge(s), will be given to one of the two first place color prints. A “Monochrome Print of the Year” award, selected by the judge(s), will be given to one of the two first place monochrome prints.